The Charles Schlueter Foundation, Inc. annually awards a monetary prize reflecting Mr. Schlueter's longtime dedication to encouraging musical development in young musicians (elementary, middle/high school and college). The prize of up to $1,000 is awarded to the most deserving and qualified applicant or applicants as evaluated by the Foundation's award committee, with preference given to trumpet/brass players.
Applicants must be involved in some form of instrumental music with a preference given to trumpet/brass players. Funds are awarded based on musical potential and financial need and award money is intended to be applied toward the individual’s continuing musical instruction.
Qualified applicants should:
- Be continuing their studies of the trumpet or other brass instrument
- Provide proof of enrollment in elementary, middle/high school or college/conservatory
- Demonstrate potential in the field of music and have need of financial assistance to further their studies
To apply, applicants must submit:
- The completed application form below
- 2 letters of recommendation
- a current school transcript
- a recorded sample of work